The Weston Public Schools seeks a Nutritional Analyst/Farm-to-School (F2S) Coordinator to maintain the district’s nutritional database and coordinate the Farm-to-School program and implement green initiatives in the cafeterias. The essential duties and responsibilities are as follows:
• Maintain accurate and up-to-date ingredient and price database of all products used in the cafeterias;
• Standardize recipes for nutrition, portion and cost control;
• Perform nutrient analysis on all menued items and post on the website;
• Proactively collaborate with nursing staff to assure nutrient and allergen information is communicated on a timely and accurate basis
• Participate in professional development opportunities to enhance job skills and stay current on nutrition regulations; and
• Generate and print production and recipe worksheets daily for all kitchens.
Farm-to-School and Green Initiatives
• Coordinate, sustain and expand Farm-to-School (F2S) program through the sourcing of local farms and local foods;
• Collaborate with other Metro West communities to develop collaborative purchasing agreements around locally grown produce;
• Initiate taste testing of locally grown items throughout the district on a monthly basis;
• Assist schools in the ordering, processing and serving of local foods (local food directories, seasonal food guides, local food recipes, order forms, etc.);
• Organize monthly events to highlight locally-grown products (apple week, Food Day events, etc.) system wide;
• Collaborate with Principals and Leadership Team members to develop partnerships between the classroom and local farms to promote nutrition and wellness;
• Act as point person to the Community and District Green Teams for all food service related items;
• Seek grant funds to advance Weston’s F2S program and sustainability efforts;
• Create and maintain school garden(s); Oversee the cafeterias composting, recycling and sustainability efforts; and
• Perform all other assignments as directed by the Food Service Director or his/her designee.
This position works 7.5 hours per day, 220 days per year. The position will require some non-standard work hours including nights and weekends. We are looking for someone with a college degree in agriculture and/or nutrition. Experience in nutrition education in a K-12 school system, garden creation and maintenance. Grant writing experience a benefit. Ability to obtain certification in food safety and sanitation within 6 months of hire date; and demonstrated interest working with children in a school environment. Salary range: $30,000 - $35,000, plus benefits.
If you are interested, please send a cover letter, resume, two letters of reference to:
Weston Public Schools
89 Wellesley Street
Weston, MA 02493