Monday, August 27, 2012

Big Changes in New Haven


Dear Friends of New Haven School Food,
 
It was with mixed emotions that I submitted my resignation as Executive Director of Food Services of New Haven Public Schools to accept an offer from Guilford Public Schools to be their Food Service Director. This new position will increase my quality of life and I feel this decision is what is best for me and my kids.

My time in New Haven has been amazing. Working with the great city of New Haven and others to overcome the barriers and take a good food program and turning it into one of the best in the country has been both challenging and rewarding.  The legacy I leave in New Haven is the fact that, through food, we have been able to change the lives of our students positively and have seen the difference in the schools.  I thoroughly enjoyed all my time in New Haven. Each day, even on the tough days, I loved my job and kept the focus on making a difference in the lives of kids in New Haven.
 
I will not be a stranger to the great city of New Haven!
 
Here's a look back at the past couple years in New Haven through Pictures, in no particular order:
 

























 

No comments:

Post a Comment