Friday, September 14, 2012

Bittersweet Goodbye to New Haven

Today is a bittersweet day for me. 

I'm leaving New Haven Public Schools to take a similar position in Guilford. I loved my time in New Haven and through the good and the bad most of my staff have always had my back. In my tenure our staff went from being "Lunch Ladies" to School Nutrition Professionals. I had the #1 Chef in School Food working for me and a great staff who cares for the kids.

We implemented many great programs for the kids; Chefs Move to Schools, Cooking Matters, Farm to School, Food Corps, FREE MEALS HERE Food Truck, Health For Acheivement, Health Heroes, Let's Move Salad Bars to Schools, School Gardens and changing the menus to reduce highly processes foods and get REAL foods on the menu. 

A big thank you goes out to Mayor John DeStefano, Dr. Reggie Mayo, Will Clark and certainly to the best school food staff in the country. 
New Haven School Food Rocks!






































No comments:

Post a Comment