The Oak Park Unified School District is seeking a Director of Student Nutrition and Wellness that can help us move our innovative student nutrition and wellness program forward. We seek candidates who can:
• Teach students about making healthy food choices.
• Work with our partners at the California Health and Longevity Institute at the Four Seasons Westlake Hotel to design creative and exciting menu options that are healthy, nutritious, and appetizing.
• Be able to work collaboratively with cafeteria staff and introduce new ideas.
• Expand our vegetarian and vegan options in all of the school menus.
• Find creative ways to provide school lunches that are additive and GMO-free and organic whenever possible.
• Lead a program that is an example of environmental sustainability.
• Develop a farm to school program that will introduce students to locally grown produce on a monthly basis and provide fresh fruits and vegetables for our school cafeterias.
• Coordinate the school garden program.
• Understand that the education of a young person should be holistic in nature and nurture each child’s social, emotional, and physical wellbeing.
Candidates should be familiar with the tenets of the following examples of current school lunch initiatives:
• Alice Waters’ Chez Panisse Foundation
• Two Angry Moms
• Michelle Obama’s Let’s Move
• Slow Food USA
• Meatless Mondays
For more information about our school district as well as a complete job description and salary information please visit our website, http://www.oakparkusd.org click on ‘employment opportunities’ or call (818) 735-3220